Last year saw us Brits embrace a number of health food trends, from spiralizing to sprouting, juicing to fermenting - however in 2016 it’s all about ‘souping’, according to research by Knorr. In a recent survey carried out by Knorr did you know the most popular source of inspiration for homemade soup recipes is cook books (42%), followed by food websites and blogs (33%) and family and friends (27%), with Facebook being the most popular social media channel to find recipe inspiration (11%). I do tend to look at some of the recipes people post on blogs and Facebook but tend to shy away from cook books due to being a bit complex for me.
Anyway on to the Simple Carrot & Potato Soup. I've called it simple because you literally need hardly any ingredients to make it plus if I can do it so can you!
What You'll Need:
1 tbsp oil
1 medium sized onion
4 medium sized carrots
4 large potatoes
2 Knorr Vegetable Stock Cubes (to make 800ml stock)
Pinch of salt and black pepper
Cooked diced bacon
How Do To It:
1. Fill your kettle and boil (enough for 800ml).
2. Pre-heat some oil in a big pot then chop your onion and add to the pot.
3. Once onions are soft add 800ml boiling water to your pot, then crumble in your 2 Knorr Vegetable Stock Cubes. Stir until dissolved.
5. Give everything a stir then add some salt and black pepper before leaving to simmer for 20-25 minutes until the veg is soft.
7. If you want to you can always add in some cooked diced bacon to add an extra something to your soup. It's not essential of course but I added it to mine and it was very tasty.
This is a collaborative post.