My Hospital Bag;
- Dressing Gown
- Night Dress x2 (Birthing Shirt Company)
- Fluffy Socks
- Nursing Bras x2 (Bravissimo)
- Breast Pads x1 pack (Lansinoh Disposable ones)
- Maternity Pads/ Heavy Duty Sanitary Towels x2 packs
- Big old comfy knickers! x5 pairs (or some cheap ones from Primark)
- Toiletries (hair products, make up, face wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste, body wash etc)
- Nipple Cream (Lansinoh)
- Tissues x2 travel packs
- Going home outfit (leggings, comfy dress and boots of some description)
- Towel (just in case the hospital don't provide)
- Hospital/Maternity Notes
|My hospital bag and contents|
The Baby's Bag:
- Baby Sleepsuits x4 (from Next)
- Baby Vests x3 (from Next)
- Socks x1 (from GAP)
- Scratch Mitts x1 (were in the Bounty pack I got from Asda)
- Hats x3 (from Next
- Snowsuit (from Matalan - was Logan's first snowsuit)
- Going home outfit (no idea what this will be yet)
- Nappies x1 pack (Sainsbury's own brand small pack)
- Waterwipes x1 pack
- Nappy Sacks x1 pack (Asda own brand)
- Bibs x2 (used to belong to Logan)
|My baby's hospital bag and contents|
As you can see from the photos the baby's hospital bag is practically all packed and ready to go where as I still need to put things in my bag like; make-up, going home outfit, tissues, towel etc but I can grab that on the morning of my c-section before I head in to hospital. At least I've got a list written I can refer to which will make things easier for me.
I'm really not sure what else I'll need. I think with my first pregnancy I went a bit mad and packed everything but the kitchen sink but this time round I'm trying to be a bit more relaxed. I'll hopefully only be in hospital for a couple of days after my c-section and then can get home to my own comforts and my family. If there's anything I desperately need though I can always send the other half or my mum to the house or shops for me so I won't be stuck.
I personally don't think I'll need anything else, well apart from things like my mobile/kindle/magazines etc but not sure whether to take a blanket or something along for the baby just in case. I know the hospital provide cellular blankets but it's nice to have your own sometimes.
Is there anything else I've forgotten which you think is a must have/ handy to have item?