I do love a nice handbag like the next girl but I tend to purchase only 1 or 2 a year and keep them until they are completely dead i.e. worn, torn etc. I am a nightmare for destroying handbags and I'm really trying my hardest not to but it's very difficult. Take my current Radley handbag for example. It's starting to get a bit worn and torn from the mountains of stuff I keep in it so it's very much time for a change! And as if by magic the lovely people from MoneySupermarket.com have a fab competition where you can win a Mulberry Handbag *drool*.
So, what exactly do I have in my Radley handbag? Well;
- Cute Frenchie Purse from Ted Baker which I got for my 25th Birthday - contains my bank cards, receipts, loyalty cards, family photos, £30 in cash, money off vouchers, driving licence, accumulated business cards, stamps etc.
- House & Car Keys
- Notebook & Diary - always essential for busy mums and the notebook doubles as a scribble pad when my son gets bored when we're out and about.
- iPhone & Works Blackberry
- Cath Kidston Make-up Bag full of perfume samples, green teabags, mascara, eye cream etc.
- Cheap Umbrella which needs replacing urgently.
- Hair Brush - also needs replacing.
- Mountains of Pens but two lovely ones from Swarovski in there.
- Spree Book - full of money saving vouchers, great book and I recommend getting one for your area.
- Molton Brown Hand cream
- Ear phones
- Wagamamas Menu - to tease myself with when I'm hungry.
- Bus Timetable
- Nail Files
- Massive tub of Vaseline as my lips are a chapped mess at the moment!
After writing this all down and calculating the rough value of my bag and its contents I'm extremely surprised to say it's around £1370!! I'm shocked! Glad I'm insured anyway…
Disclaimer: This is my entry for the moneysupermarket.com What's in Your Handbag? competition.